Velsoft is a leading content provider in the fast growth workplace learning market. Established in 1998, our focus is on innovative training solutions for professionals worldwide. Companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Lockheed Martin, Kraft and Revlon rely on Velsoft products to help develop their organizations. As a pioneer in internet marketing, Velsoft serves customers in over 160 countries around the globe and was recognized as Exporter of the Year in 2013. With the establishment of a new sales team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, you can be part of our exciting new stage of growth.
The Sales Support Specialist thrives in a fast-paced environment covering multiple products lines. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in supporting the sales team to achieve their customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Being a product guru, the Sales Support Specialist will utilize their knowledge and skills to make certain that all sales people have the proper tools and literature to do their job. You will be comfortable on the phone with clients, working across internal departments keeping up to date on new products and promotions. In addition to product knowledge, the Sales Support Specialist is a key component in creating, maintaining, and delivering training to all new sales staff.
Specific Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expert for all products and services
- Perform effective online demos to prospects when applicable
- Conduct new product or service training to sales staff
- Go to for all up to date sales materials and current promotion details
- Assist sales executives with sales cycles to ensure they are on track with sales goals
- Liaison between sales department and others within the organization
- Provides any necessary data or reports to the sales team
- Exerts attention to detail, as customers may have the same problems; reports the problems
- Acknowledges customers by responding to emails, texts, and phone calls when necessary
- Deals with any customer complaints and resolves the issue as necessary
- Assist sales executives with proposals
- Does any necessary administrative work including filing reports or presenting sales team with necessary documents
- Understand customer needs and requirements by asking excellent questions, listening to the answers, and documenting responses in CRM
- Research accounts- identify key players and generate interest
- Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent progressive sales support/professional experience. Minimum two years in a sales support role related environment.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Excellent communicator- good listening skills, showing a genuine interest in customers thoughts and opinions.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to build strong, long lasting relationships
- Positive/optimistic – Can do, make things happen attitude
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Computer literate- Microsoft Office suite, CRM (such as Salesforce), and ability and willingness to learn how to use company software for reporting and data analysis.
- Ability to organize and plan – Creating and meeting schedules, taking ownership, fully accountable and responsive to others.
- Customer centric – Recognizing and promoting the importance of meeting customer needs
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions while maintaining professionalism.
- A great team player- sharing information with peers and managers; effectively working with people across departments and motivating them to accomplish company goals.
- Organizational commitment – Supporting your team, management and organizational decisions.
- Have an unmatched desire to learn
Based in our new Dartmouth office, we offer an innovative compensation structure that includes a competitive base salary, commission, industry leading benefits, and the opportunity to work for an exciting, fast growing company and market.
This position is available immediately.